January 7th - 28th
We are joining together to set aside time everyday to believe God for supernatural breakthrough! What we have labored for, He can accomplish in a moment! We invite you to participate with us and position yourself to accelerate toward your divine destiny!
We welcome you to pray with us at our FL Noble Road Location and the FL Centre County Campus, Monday - Friday, from 8am until 9am.
WHAT IS FASTING?
Simply stated, biblical fasting is refraining from food for a spiritual purpose. As a church, we are fasting in order to deepen our relationship with God and to walk in step with His plan and purpose. The best way to do this is to redirect our food source or something else of importance to us, such as media. This is accomplished through substituting our regular intake with Bible reading, praying and journaling.
The overall goal is to experience a genuine hunger for spending time with God. According to the Bible, there are three duties of every Christian: give, pray, and fast. Fasting takes a lot of discipline and strength – strength you can only receive from God. Your private discipline will bring you rewards in Heaven, as stated in Matthew 6.
When you give God your first through fasting, prayer, and giving at the beginning of the year, you set the course for the entire year.
PRAYER IS POWERFUL
Prayer changes things! Below is a basic prayer guide that outlines 7 areas of prayer and provides Scriptures for each. We also encourage you to participate in the 21-day "Return to Me" YouVersion devotional from Pastor Jentezen Franklin and draw closer to God than ever before.
Another recommendation is to use THE LORD’S PRAYER as a guide during your daily quiet time. See Matthew 6:9-13.
- Connect with God Relationally “Our Father in Heaven...”
- Worship His Name “...Hallowed be Your Name...”
- Pray His Agenda First “...Your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven...”
- Depend on Him for Everything “...Give us this day our daily bread...”
- Get Your Heart Right with God “...Forgive our debts as we forgive and with Others our debtors...”
- Engage in Spiritual Warfare “...Do not lead us into temptation but deliver us from the evil one...”
- Express Faith in God’s Ability “...Yours is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory forever.”
Ultimately, the two greatest ways to set yourself up for success in beginning a new prayer discipline is to 1) Select a consistent time of day to pray, and 2) Choose a distraction-free location.